You can enjoy your favorite onion rings without the guilt. These air fryer onion rings are crispy, crunchy and delicious!
They are made with minimal ingredients which is a great way to save time too. This blog post will provide you with a recipe for these amazing onion rings that everyone in the family will love.
Air fryer onion rings have been one of my favorite snacks since I was little because they’re crispy, crunchy and delicious!
This blog post has a recipe for these amazing onion rings that everyone in the family will love.
So if you’re looking for a new snack idea or just want something different to try out with Mosaiccafes!
Air Fryer Onion Rings Recipe
If you’re seeking to refresh your repertoire of game day snacks this fall, appearance no further: those air fryer onion rings are precisely what you need!
They’re crispy at the outside, melty withinside the middle, and packed with candy and savory onion taste with a purpose to preserve you coming again for more.
In my opinion, they’re simply as good, no, better, than ordinary onion rings, and they’re much less of a trouble to make at home.
Fun, tasty, and pretty healthy, too, those air fryer onion rings are one of our new favorites.
- 1 large sweet onion
- ⅔ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal optional
- Peel onion and cut into ½ ” thick slices. Separate slices.
- Combine flour, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Whisk egg and buttermilk in a second bowl. Toss breadcrumbs, oil, and cornmeal in a third bowl.
- Dip every onion into egg mixture after which into the flour mixture. Dip it lower back into the egg mixture and ultimately into the bread crumb mixture urgent to adhere.
- Once all rings are coated, spray every with cooking spray. Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Place onion rings in the air fryer in a single layer and cook for 12-15 mins or till crisp on the outside.
- Remove from the air fryer and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
Calories: 357, Carbohydrates: 50g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Trans Fat: 1g
Cholesterol: 86mg, Sodium: 881mg, Potassium: 281mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 8g
Vitamin A: 212IU, Vitamin C: 4mg, Calcium: 134mg, Iron: 3mg
Tips and Tricks for Making The Perfect Air Fryer Onion Rings
Using panko breadcrumbs makes those Onion Rings greater crispy!
If you don’t have panko breadcrumbs you may additionally use everyday breadcrumbs however the end result won’t be as crispy.
Divide the panko breadcrumb aggregate in two.
The battered rings will make the aggregate sticky so it’s excellent to 1/2 of it so that you can transfer to the second one a part of the dry aggregate after the primary component is sticky.
If you don’t have buttermilk, you could without problems make your very own with the aid of using 1 Tbsp of vinegar or lemon/lime juice to a ½ cup of milk.
Instead of paprika, you could additionally upload your favored spices like a piece of garlic powder, cayenne pepper, or chili.
Place them in a single layer in the Air Fryer basket! You can place small onion rings in the larger jewelry so long as they don’t contact each other.
My Air Fryer comes with an extra rack so I can upload a 2d layer. This way I can fry an entire onion straight away despite the fact that my Air Fryer is pretty small.
The cook time relies upon your Air Fryer version. The onion rings take approximately 12-15 mins however a few fashions run warmer or less warm so maintain an eye fixed in your first batch.
Spraying the onion rings with cooking oil spray after 1/2 of the cooking time is over makes them greater crispy and browner.
You don’t want to show the onion rings for the duration of the cooking process! It’s simply now no longer necessary, they’ll get flawlessly crispy on each side.
Depending on your Air Fryer version you would possibly ought to preheat it. Mine doesn’t require preheating!
Which Onions are Best for making Onion Rings?
Sweet onions like Vidalia, Texas, Maui, or Walla Walla are first-rate for Onion Rings in view that they’re sweet and generally flatter than different onions.
They don’t have that sharp and stinky flavor that different onions have.
Looking to mix matters up? Here are a few a laugh methods to make this recipe your own:
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the breadcrumbs or a squeeze of your favourite warm sauce to the eggs
- Cut the rings to favored thickness (thinner rings would require much less cooking time)
- Use everyday or pro breadcrumbs in location of panko crumbs
- For a thicker coating, dip the onion rings in the flour and egg, then repeat earlier than dipping them in the breadcrumbs
- Make them dairy-free via way of means of omitting the Parmesan cheese
- Add any of your favourite seasonings to the breadcrumb mixture
Air Fryer Onion Rings Serving Suggestions
These air fryer onion rings are an addictive deal on their own, however they’re additionally tremendous with dipping sauce.
Serve them with mayo, ketchup, tartar sauce, vegan ranch, or creamy chipotle sauce to take them over the top.
If you need to make the onion rings a part of a meal, serve them as an aspect dish with any burger or sandwich.
We love them with those veggie burgers, black bean burgers, and BBQ jackfruit sandwiches. Enjoy!
Leftover onion rings may be saved in a blanketed box in the fridge for 2-3 days. To reheat, go back to the air fryer at 350° F for three-four mins and they may crisp properly up!
If you’re looking for a way to make your onion rings that are healthier and less messy, then an air fryer might be the perfect solution.
With just a little bit of oil, these crispy treats are ready in about 5 minutes! For more information on how to use an air fryer or any other food-related questions, please contact us today.
We’re always happy to help our customers find answers so they can get back cooking with confidence.