The air fryer is a new kitchen appliance that has been popping up in kitchens everywhere. It is an oven for frying food, which means you can have all the fried foods you want without having to use oil.
There are many benefits of using an air fryer over traditional deep-frying methods, including less mess and quicker preparation time because it cooks at one temperature instead of needing to be constantly monitored.
Air Fryer Green Beans Recipe
These green beans are loopy, appropriate and a great clean air fryer recipe! Learn a way to cook green beans withinside the air fryer and you’ll be obsessed.
These air fried green beans are so cooked flawlessly while not having to blanche them. The texture is plump and perfect. If you want crispy green beans with a little bit of char, then simply cook them for a bit longer!
The olive oil and garlic taste on them is great however squeeze a bit lemon juice for a brighter taste.
- 8 oz fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. To a huge bowl, upload the green beans and toss with the flour till nicely coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- In an extensive shallow dish, whisk the egg and 1 tbsp water. Season with salt and pepper. Place the bread crumbs in a separate dish. In batches, upload green beans to egg aggregate and toss to coat. Let the extra egg drip again into the dish, switch green beans to bread crumbs and press to coat.
- Coat the lowest of the air fryer basket with the cooking spray and upload breaded green beans in a single layer, spacing apart. Coat beans with cooking spray. Close lid and cook for 6 min., till golden, shaking basket midway thru cooking. Transfer green beans to a plate.
- While green beans cook, retain coating, closing beans and cook in an air fryer in batches till done. Season beans with salt to taste.
Tips to make air fryer green beans
- Do ensure you pinnacle and tail your beans earlier than air frying them.
- Make certain the beans are dry earlier than spraying with cooking spray in any other case they’ll now no longer cross crispy.
- Whilst you could without problems double the recipe, you may want to air fry or bake in batches /or on trays.
- If you don’t have a cooking spray you could use olive oil however this can grow the calorie matter of the portion.
Make Crispier – You can without difficulty make Air Fryer Green Beans With Panko. Simply dip in egg and dip in Panko bread crumbs earlier than air frying the beans.
Add heat – A pinch of red pepper flakes or ancho chili powder provides a few cute heat.
Make cheesy – if now no longer vegan you may pinnacle with a few grated parmesan cheese.
How long does it take to cook green beans in the air fryer?
Finer green beans as I use right here want 6-8 minutes.
If you’re used to large beans then you can want eight-10 minutes.
If you’ve got a small air fryer, then cook beans in 2 batches.
Why Cook These With An Air Fryer?
The air fryer makes it amazingly easy to cook up a more fit model of your fried meals favourites. So right here is the way it works.
By circulating warmth everywhere in the meals, air fryers permit you to ‘fry’ ingredients using the smallest quantity of oil. We’re speaking about anything from a tablespoon to only a mild spray.
And considering your meals aren’t submerged withinside the stuff, lots much less oil is absorbed at some stage in the cooking process, because of this that your meal carries a long way much less fats and energy overall.
How Else Can I Cook Green Beans?
Green beans may be boiled, blanched, steamed, oven roasted or stir-fried.
However you cook them, the important thing is to cook the beans for the shortest time viable to hold their flavour (your own circle of relatives and pals will thanks for now no longer serving them soggy overcooked beans).
We’re not going to lie. Cooking green beans in a fryer can be tricky, but if you follow these steps and tips for air frying them it’ll make the process much easier on you.
If you have any questions or concerns about how to cook green beans using an air fryer, feel free to reach out! Enjoy our post about air fryer green beans.