Frozen french fries are one of the worst tasting things to come out of a microwave, but they can be cooked in an air fryer with little effort. This is because they’re already frozen and ready for cooking.
All you have to do is cut them into bite size pieces, place them on the wire rack, and cook them according to your machine’s instructions.
The whole process will take about 8 minutes or less depending on how many fries you’re cooking at once.
- 1 Air Fryer Frozen French Fries Recipe
- 2 Seasoning Ideas
- 3 How to Serve Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- 4 Tips For Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- 5 How long does it take to cook frozen fries in an air fryer?
- 6 FAQs
- 7 Wrap-up
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries Recipe
If you’re cooking frozen french fries, you have to attempt making them in the air fryer! Geez, it’s so brief and smooth with no oil.
Seriously, air fried frozen french fries are so crispy and loopy smooth whilst cooked in the air fryer.
Within minutes, we had a massive batch of crispy warm french fries out of the air fryer. Once you recognize a way to cook frozen french fries in the air fryer, you’ll in no way appear back.
The effects are always brief and crispy. Add a bowl of ketchup or your favored sauce to dip the air fried french fries in and you’ll be a glad camper!
- 32 oz frozen french fries
- cooking spray
- salt (optional)
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. If you’re the usage of an air fryer smaller than 6 qt, you may need to paintings in batches in order that the fries cook evenly
- Place the frozen french fries into the sprayed air fryer basket
- Use cooking spray to mist the tops of the fries, then sprinkle with salt, if desired
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then turn and stir your fries
- Cook for an extra 10 minutes. From here, your fries can be high-quality near being done. Depending for your air fryer a few will cook quicker than others.
- Air fry an extra 5 – 10 minutes, checking often, till crispy. Do not upload greater cooking spray or the fries will lose crispness.
- Serve immediately
After the preliminary spray, do now no longer spray the fries once more with oil. This will bring about them getting softer.
If you have an air fryer that preheats, you may do that earlier than cooking the fries. Just recognise that they will cook faster, so preserve an eye fixed on cook time!
Amount Per Serving
- CALORIES: 239 TOTAL
- FAT: 8g
- SATURATED FAT: 1g
- TRANS FAT: 0g
- UNSATURATED FAT: 5g
- CHOLESTEROL: 0mg
- SODIUM: 587mg
- CARBOHYDRATES: 39g
- FIBER: 3g
- SUGAR: 1g
- PROTEIN: 4g
Frozen french fries come already par-cooked (in part cooked), pro, and covered in oil, so technically you don’t need to season them, however I prefer to upload a few more tastes after cooking. Here are some ideas:
- Salt – Normal salt, sea salt, Himalayan salt, or pro salt all work. The finer the salt the higher it’ll stick. Always salt after cooking!
- Pepper – I love a touch of pepper on my fries!
- Garlic or onion powder – Add masses of taste
- Cayenne pepper or Chipotle powder – For a few more heat!
- Cajun seasoning – Savory taste with a bit hit
How to Serve Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
These french fries are going to be so tempting you could now no longer want to fear approximately serving them with sauces. They’ll be long past earlier than you could get them out of the basket.
But if you could hold the fingers out of the air fryer, there are numerous approaches to serve those frozen french fries.
Ketchup is the unique sauce that is made for french fries, however there are different sauces to dunk those air fryer fries in.
Fry Sauce: This great sauce was entirely invented to go along with french fries. It’s a grown up model of ketchup and it’s far divine. In my domestic it has changed ketchup and mayo on hamburgers even. It’s so good!
Yum Yum Sauce: This famous sauce is light, sweet and tangy! A superb choice!
Cheese Sauce: Cover the golden fries in a wealthy thick tacky sauce that’s going to knock your socks off.
Ranch Dressing: As my youngsters might say, everything’s higher with ranch dressing!
Make your Own Sauce: Mix your favourite spices with a piece of mayo and ketchup to create a completely unique sauce of your own.
Add chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder with mayo and ketchup for a highly spiced western sauce that’s awesome. There are plenty of possibilities.
Tips For Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
You can modify the cooking time relying on how crispy you want your fries or how thick they are. For softer or thinner fries, lower time. For crispier or thicker fries, grow it.
If you’re using an air fryer that doesn’t rotate, toss your fries very, thoroughly halfway through. Make certain the fries which are sitting on the lowest of the bowl are scooped as much as the top.
If your air fryer does rotate, make certain to test on them midway to decide how very well cooked they are.
Do now no longer spray an excessive amount of oil, or your fries get mushy!
You don’t have to preheat your air fryer, however be conscious that your cooking time can be longer!
Try your fries with special seasonings for a greater gourmand snack. Try garlic or onion powder, pro salt (mmm, Milo’s salt), or chipotle powder for fries with a kick.
How long does it take to cook frozen fries in an air fryer?
This recipe is written for simply ordinary french fries.
If you have a exclusive sort of fry, the cook instances will vary:
- Shoestring fries (thin cut fries): 8-10 minutes
- Crinkle Cut Fries: 10-eleven minutes
- Sweet Potato Fries: 16-18 minutes
- Waffle Fries: 10 minutes (despite the fact that they may be huge, they have got huge holes, so that they cook quickly)
- Curly Fries: 10-12 minutes
- Tater Tots: 10-12 minutes
If your french fries end cooking and they may now no longer be crispy enough, you could constantly upload them lower back in for some extra minutes.
You also can open your air fryer at any time to test at the doneness after which throw them lower back in if they may be now no longer finished enough.
Are frozen fries in an air fryer healthy?
French fries made in the Air Fryer are more healthy than deep-fried french fries or fries from a fast-meals restaurant.
Do I want to defrost frozen french fries earlier than frying?
No, you ought to now no longer defrost french fries earlier than frying them in the Air Fryer. Just switch them immediately from the freezer to the air fryer.
Do I want to feature oil on my fries?
No, there’s no want to feature greater oil or maybe spray the basket with oil whilst making store-offered frozen french fries due to the fact they’re already lined in oil in the factory.
How to reheat fries in the Air Fryer?
Preheat the air fryer to 350°F. Put the leftover fries in the basket however don’t fill the basket extra than half complete for the satisfactory result.
Reheat the french fries for approximately three to four minutes, shaking the basket midway through. Keep a watch on them, in order that they don’t get burned.
The air fryer frozen french fries are an easy and healthy snack.
The crispy texture of the fries make them a satisfying guilty pleasure for any time you need to indulge in something delicious, but still want to maintain your health goals.
It’s never been easier or more convenient to eat clean with this quick-prep option! Happy cooking with our recipe about air fryer frozen french fries.