Air Fryer Drumsticks are a perfect way to make crispy, delicious drumsticks without the mess of frying.
Simply place your air fryer drumsticks in the air fryer basket for 15 minutes and you will have perfectly cooked, juicy chicken that is not greasy or soggy!
This recipe can be cooked using an all-natural marinade or simply brushed with oil before cooking.
The best part? Air Fryers are easy to store and use, so there’s no need for messy pots or pans! You’ll never go back to traditional methods again once you try this foolproof recipe.
This post includes links to helpful resources on how to cook air fryer drumsticks. Let’s go with Mosaiccafes.
- 1 Air Fryer Drumsticks Recipe
- 2 Why You Need Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks in Your Life!
- 3 Tips And Tricks For Cooking The Best Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks!
- 4 How To Store
- 5 Variations for Chicken Drumsticks
- 6 FAQs
- 7 Final-thoughts
Air Fryer Drumsticks Recipe
- 6-10 chicken drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F degrees.
- Pat the chicken dry and area in a large Ziploc bag.
- Pour in the olive oil and the spices. Seal the top. Move the chicken round to coat lightly with the spices.
- Place chicken withinside the air fryer basket (leaving area among the drumsticks) and set it to twenty minutes (flipping the chicken midway thru cooking.)
- Cook any last chicken drumsticks.
- Remove the chicken from the air fryer basket, permit to chill barely and enjoy.
- Serve with warm sauce, buffalo sauce or ranch dressing!
- We use chicken drumsticks for this recipe however you could use wings as well. With wings, you’ll want to cut down on cooking time.
- Use any kind of oil which you like, we experience the taste of olive oil however in case you do now no longer maintain that on hand ,vegetable and canola paintings are fine.
- Do now no longer overcrowd your air fryer, this continues the bird from getting crispy and cooking properly.
- You’ll need to ensure that your chicken reaches an inner temperature of 165F degrees. I endorse getting a kitchen thermometer in case you do not already own one.
- Pat the drumsticks dry with paper towels earlier than seasoning. This allows the seasoning to stick onto them better.
- You can without problems double this recipe for large families, simply make extra batches. As said above, the air fryer is no longer overcrowded.
- You can modify the seasonings to your liking. This is the taste we adore best, however you could modify it depending on your preference.
- Make certain to preheat your air fryer earlier than cooking. It’s much like preheating your oven, it’s going to assist them cook faster and evenly.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 265mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 1g
Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg
Why You Need Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks in Your Life!
Just if you’re genuinely questioning in case you ought to make those or not, I’m right here to inform you, you do!
Less Mess: Air Frying drumsticks in the air fryer continues the mess contained in preference throughout your grill or range top. Love it!
Fast and Easy: Cook your drumsticks in half the time and get high-quality results.
Even Cooking: The circulating air in the fryer chefs the legs lightly without over charring the outside. It’s simply first-rate!
Healthier: With little to recognize oil needed, it’s a more fit manner to get your protein. Especially in case you are attempting keto or a low carb diet. It’s a wholesome manner to get that “fried” flavor and texture without the oil.
Cheap: The ultimate time I checked chicken legs have been one of the most inexpensive meats you may buy, speaking approximately consuming connoisseur on a budget!
Fun: Ok, I’ve cited this earlier than that, however significantly air fryer chicken drumsticks are one of the most amusing matters to eat. So dig in!
Tips And Tricks For Cooking The Best Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks!
For sincerely crispy skin, it’s an amazing concept to pat your chicken drumsticks dry with a paper towel earlier than you coat them with the inside of the oil and spices.
This eliminates any extra moisture and guarantees your chicken cooks up with a crispy skin.
Be certain to preheat your air fryer. Just like your oven, you need to make sure your air fryer is warm and at a temperature that is 400 degrees F for the chicken legs.
Don’t overfill the air fryer. In any other case your chicken drumsticks won’t cook calmly because the air won’t be capable of flowing fully.
Check your air fryer guide for facts approximately how tons you need to fill your precise model.
Don’t stack your chicken drumsticks withinside the air fryer. Place them in a single layer so the skin is exposed. This will make certain your bird drumsticks cook calmly and get that scrumptious crispy skin!
Chicken is finished while the inner temperature reaches 165 degrees F. We prefer to cook my chicken drumsticks to 180-190 degrees F so the meat is falling off of the bone.
Also, cooking it to a better temperature receives rid of the bloody spots across the bone.
This smooth chicken drumstick recipe is simply every other motive to like your air fryer! We wish you to give this recipe a try!
How To Store
These Chicken Drumsticks are so good, you may be fortunate to have any left to save!
But in case you do the satisfactory manner to save those that are in a zip top bag or an hermetic box in the fridge, they’ll finish withinside the fridge for up to three days, to reheat the location returned in the air fryer and cook for 10 mins.
These also can be frozen, located in freezer secure boxes of freezer luggage and that they have to hold for up to three months.
To reheat allow them to defrost in the fridge and once more in the air fryer for 10 mins to heat through.
Variations for Chicken Drumsticks
The great element about this air fryer recipe is that it’s so customizable. Use specific spices, sauces and make those chicken legs your personal unique legs.
Just like those Air Fryer Chicken Wings, they’ll be simply as awesome!
Rubs: There are such a lot of specific spices you may use for those air fryer legs. Besides taco and ranch seasoning there are an entire bunch of sorts you may mix up.
Chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, floor mustard and celery seed simply provide you with some ideas.
Sauces: The air fryer chicken legs don’t want a sauce, however every so often you simply need a sauce.
If you need to add a sauce to the chicken even as it cooks like BBQ Sauce, wait to feature it on the chicken until the final 2-3 mins of cooking.
Slather the chicken legs in BBQ sauce then end cooking. Other sauces you’ll need to order for dipping.
For example Ranch dressing, Hot sauce, Cheese Sauce, YUM YUM Sauce, a honey mustard or your favourite Asian sauce all will paintings with those air fryer chicken legs.
How Long Should I Air Fry Chicken Drumsticks?
This recipe became designed to paintings with distinct styles of air fryers – so the time indexed is an estimate. Your air fryer would possibly take a chunk longer than time indexed.
Check the temperature of your chicken legs regularly at the same time as cooking – chicken is absolutely cooked at 175 degrees inner temperature.
What Air Fryer Should I Use?
This recipe became designed after checking out the Instant Pot Air fryer, Instant Pot with Crisping Lid broiler function, Ninja Foodi + Broiler lid, and the Phillips Air Fryer.
Cooktime became barely distinct with every appliance, however every ended in best air fryer fries. Check chicken legs as you cook to ensure they’re accomplished for your preference!
Should I Marinate Chicken Drumsticks Before Air Frying?
Our opinion continually marinated chicken earlier than cooking – even simply half-hour in a few olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs can infuse a ton of taste into your chicken.
This recipe became designed to enhance taste regardless, so in case you do not have time to marinate, no worries!
How long do chicken drumsticks last?
Chicken drumsticks may be saved in an hermetic field for as much as 4 days, or frozen for as much as 4 months.
The air fryer drumsticks turned out golden brown and crispy on the outside, with a meaty interior that was cooked through.
To be honest we didn’t expect much from these air fryer drumsticks but they were better than expected!
It is still possible to make them in an oven or deep fryer if you don’t have access to an air fryer- just know it will take longer for the chicken to cook all of the way through.
For anyone who doesn’t want greasy skin after eating fried food this would be your best option yet because there’s no oil involved at any point in the cooking process!